|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||March 24, 2021|
As an intern, you will go through a similar onboarding experience to full-time Ballotpedia employees. You will learn how to code the Ballotpedia website, be oriented to Ballotpedia’s style guide, learn about what we do to prevent and detect bias in our resources, and much more. Following orientation, you will join either the Communications, Editorial, External Relations or Tech teams, working alongside full-time staff members.
In addition to your onboarding experience, and the experience you will develop working in your assigned area, you will also have the opportunity to attend topical meetings or webinars.
As a Ballotpedia Editorial intern, you may:
• be embedded in one of our various Editorial teams (i.e. Ballots, Elections, Marquee or News) and work directly with Editorial staff members;
• work on articles on candidates and elections;
• write about Federal, State, or Local elections, depending upon your assignment;
• assist our teams in news tracking and monitoring;
• research candidate stances and biographies;
• research race expenditures;
• process candidate surveys;
• participate in brainstorming sessions with experienced staff members; and
• write and research on other topics as assigned.
As a Ballotpedia Communications intern, you may:
• assist with Ballotpedia’s social media strategy including creating posts and graphics;
• assist with Ballotpedia’s various email products, from daily and weekly newsletters to special campaigns;
• respond to communications from a variety of external sources;
• assist in coordinating and completing webinars, book clubs, or similar group events; and
• collect a variety of data points, tracking subscribers, engagement, and more.
Ballotpedia’s External Relations team also offers internship opportunities. You can find more information on how to become an External Relations intern here.
Ballotpedia’s Tech team also offers internship opportunities. You can find more information on how to become a GIS Analyst intern here.
Ballotpedia’s Summer 2021 internship runs from Monday, June 7 through Friday, August 6, 2021. Ballotpedia’s summer internship is a part-time internship program; interns will work between 10-20 hours per week depending on their availability.
Ballotpedia is happy to facilitate credit for your internship experience if that is available to you. If you will be seeking credit for your internship, and if there is anything that Ballotpedia will need to do to assist you, please include that information in the same file as your cover letter.
Click here for more information and learn how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!