|Employer||Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||October 16, 2020|
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is recruiting a group of innovative and collaborative individuals to participate in our 11-week summer 2021 internship program. Our internship program seeks to increase and diversify the number of professionals in educational advancement. This program is designed to attract students who may not have previously considered a career in advancement. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 7, 2021 in Madison, WI.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Available internships may include the following:
- As an Alumni Advocacy intern you will assist in supporting advocacy efforts with recent UW Madison graduates.
- As a Diverse Alumni Engagement intern you will assist in supporting the coordination of affinity groups, research and develop innovative ways to inform campus and community partners about WAA Alumni Note Cards, represent WFAA at campus partner sponsored events/activities, and support admission and recruiting efforts.
- As a Human Resources intern you will have opportunity to lead project efforts in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These projects could be training, research, and/or development of new initiatives.
- As a Stewardshipintern you will work on communications with the business school and campus-wide scholarships.
- As a Donor Experience Officer (DXO) intern, you gain knowledge and experience in area of digital fundraising using modern marketing tools to express gratitude and ask for philanthropic support.
- As a Finance intern, you will have the opportunity to provide weekly treasurer assistance with check prep scanning and supportive tasks relating to the cash reconciliations, work with Gift Processing on daily gift entry and excel data entry for processing of revenue batches, and work with Financial Reporting and conduct supportive tasks relating to FCI control testing and annual fiscal budget file related work.
- As a Communications intern for Badger Vibes, you will interview, research, and write articles; help edit the work of others; and join editorial meetings. Although this internship is primarily with the Badger Vibes team, your work may also appear in WFAA’s other outlets.
Who you are:
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary degree program.
- Students in their junior year or higher are encouraged to apply
- Commit to a June 7, 2021 – August 20, 2021 internship timeframe
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer internship
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to building and supporting an inclusive work environment.
- An empowered collaborator – you contribute ideas and initiative to your work with minimal supervision, and actively interact with team members.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation. The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.