|Apply by||April 23, 2021|
|Posted on||April 7, 2021|
OnMilwaukee, Milwaukee’s original online news ¬¬¬magazine, wants you to help us tell the story of The Great Milwaukee Summer. Our multi-media intern will get a one-of-a-kind opportunity to see the best time of the year from behind the scenes. Working with our leadership team and paired one-on-one with members of our award-winning and highly regarded editorial staff, they will get a sample of hyper-local journalism at work.
Our multi-media intern will help develop photo and video content in support of stories and initiatives as well as develop pieces of their own, for one of the top 3 websites in the state. With more than half a million monthly visitors to our site, and an engaged social media audience of more than 300k subscribers, our intern will have a unique opportunity to share their voice and shape the story of our city. Daily, they’ll be engaged in our mission to build communities and businesses through engaging digital media.
What’s in it for you?
• 15-20 hours/week of paid work with an established Milwaukee media brand
• Create content from your bucket list to share with our audience. Want to shoot the sunset from inside the Allen-Bradley clock tower? Curious about the behind-the-scenes at the Pabst Theatre? Interested in the pylons supporting City Hall? You’ll have unprecedented access to Milwaukee’s secrets and hot spots.
• Access to our team of writers and editors, with years of experience from a variety of backgrounds to grow and hone your craft
• Exposure to our large and engaged audience and industry partners
• Production credit on OnMilwaukee channels, with exposure to nearly 1 million monthly users/subscribers
Overall duties and expectations:
• Devise unique, appropriate visual or audio content
• Capture and edit video, photo, and audio
• Identify necessary pre- and post-production steps required to successfully deliver a video project
• Generate content from a provided lists of projects for our social media audience
• Publish completed content to our social media platforms or OnMilwaukee using proprietary software
• Ability to take direction and expand on ideas to meet OnMilwaukee’s goals while sharing your own vision
• Discuss and analyze audience engagement metrics
• A hawk’s eye for detail and accuracy
• Curiosity to dig deeper into a story, find the facts and share the “secret sauce” to hook a reader
• Knowledge of and affection for Milwaukee and surrounding areas
• Understand video formats for online and mobile platforms
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment to meet goals and deadlines
• Experience creating video content (at least 2 semesters or 6 months)
• Engagement in or recent completion of an academic program in broadcasting, film, journalism, communications, video production or related subject matter
Essential job functions:
• Travel independently throughout the Milwaukee area
• Operate a personal computer to access a variety of programs and the internet
• Fluent in English language
Click here and scroll to the ‘Multimedia Internship’ for specific instructions on how to apply.
Application Deadline – April 23, 2021.