|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||May 5, 2022|
Answer the call for Destination Madison’s summer internship in Madison, WI. Do you love design and travel? Are you craving an experience to work 1:1 with a Senior Designer on print and digital designs?
We’re seeking a motivated summer intern who’s interested in learning and collaborating. You’ll be working on a variety of projects from technical (think resizing, layouts, deck building, maintaining our image library) to creative (think posters, guides, maps, social content, photo, and video shoots). This is anticipated to be a 20 hour per week opportunity lasting through the end of the summer.
You as a designer:
• You are a rising college junior, senior, or recent college grad
• Strong graphic, branding, and conceptual skills
• Working understanding of print and digital design (Adobe Suite, Microsoft platform)
• A desire to learn the craft and construction behind good design
• Great typography skills (able to organize content visually and apply hierarchy and cadence to your designs)
• A willingness to participate in creative brainstorms with the marketing and branding team on everything from social content to printed brochures
• Comfortable working on a wide variety of projects that service Madison events, local businesses, and sports
• You have a portfolio of work samples (Required)
You as a person:
• Eager to experience Madison and help inspire a love for the city to others
• You have excellent communication skills
• You are excited to work with a multi-disciplined team (senior designer, marketing and digital managers, and content creators)
• Comfortable with yourself, but eager to grow
• You don’t take yourself too seriously
• Creative work with supportive, collaborative co-workers
• Vibrant office environment on the Capitol Square in the heart of downtown Madison
• Commuting benefits (free parking or Madison Metro bus pass)
Work Environment & Job Specifications:
The work environment and job specifications listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodations, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Primarily perform work in an office environment
• Occasionally move around the office and access or use computers, office equipment, telephone, and any other pertinent supplies, space or equipment used to perform the duties of the position.
• Work with frequent interruption and sit for long periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
To best safeguard the health and safety of our employees and guests, Destination Madison is mandating all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means that being fully vaccinated is a condition of continued employment and a condition of hire. For employees or applicants who request accommodation due to medical or religious reasons, Destination Madison will work directly with each employee or applicant to review their individual request for reasonable accommodation.
Destination Madison is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer