|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 20, 2023|
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Marketing – Events Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the events team on at least two trade shows during the summer, and lead two projects to simplify the go-to-market process for trade shows and events.
Marketing Interns will typically support one or more experienced marketing teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and/or Sales department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
• Develop technical skills specific to your major
• Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
• End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
• Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
• Experience in planning and organizational skills
• Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience:
• Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing (e.g. Marketing, Business, Business Administration, Sales, International Business, or related degree)
• Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!