|Apply by||October 30, 2021|
|Posted on||September 20, 2021|
The POLITICO Fellows is a competitive professional program offering four enterprising journalists or other professionals a front-row seat covering the biggest storylines dominating Washington – and a jump-start to a career in political and policy journalism. Candidates with at least two years of relevant experience will be considered for a 12-month term with POLITICO as they work with teams across the newsroom covering the White House, Congress, key state capitals and policy areas such as health care, to technology and to finance. Reporting opportunities will include in-depth exploration of how key issues impact underrepresented communities.
This professional fellowship program also features monthly training sessions workshops, and mentoring and other training as well as editorial rotations for career exploration. Participants will receive total compensation of $60,000, plus benefits, and be invited to a full-time reporting role at POLITICO upon successful completion of the program. Two fellows will be chosen to begin in January; and two fellows will begin in June.
We’re looking for candidates with strong writing and analytical skills, a passion for politics or policy, the ability to work on a team and a desire to learn and grow at the premier news organization covering politics and policy in the United States and beyond.
Criteria for application includes:
- Cover letter, sharing your story and stating your interest in politics or policy-focused journalism, plus any policy expertise;
- 1-page résumé reflecting at least two years of paid newsroom or other professional experience related to policy, analysis or journalism;
- Two references (list names, email addresses, phone numbers and relationship to the applicant);
- A letter of recommendation submitted as a PDF;
- Three work samples* (i.e. published news stories or other articles, video, or audio);
- Bachelor’s degree in any major
*The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is a partner in this program, which reserves at least one slot for a qualified member of that organization.
Applications are due October 30th, 2021 by 12:00pm EST.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.