|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 2, 2020|
The POLITICO Fellows is a competitive program offering four enterprising journalists or other professionals a front-row seat covering the biggest storylines dominating Washington – and a jump-start to a career in political and policy journalism. Candidates with at least two years of relevant experience will be considered for a 12-month term with POLITICO as they work with teams across the newsroom covering the White House, Congress, key state capitals and policy areas ranging from health care to technology to finance. Reporting opportunities will include in-depth exploration of how key issues impact underrepresented communities.
This professional fellowship program also features monthly workshops, mentoring and other training as well as editorial rotations for career exploration. Participants will receive total compensation of $60,000, plus benefits, and an opportunity for a full-time reporting role at POLITICO upon successful completion of the program. Two fellows will be chosen to begin in January; and two fellows will begin in June.
We’re looking for candidates with strong writing and analytical skills, a passion for politics or policy, the ability to work well with others and a desire to learn and grow at the premier news organization covering politics and policy in the United States and beyond.
Criteria for application include:
- Cover letter, sharing your story and stating your interest in political or policy-focused journalism, plus any policy expertise;
- 1-page résumé reflecting at least two years of paid newsroom or other professional experience related to policy, analysis or journalism;
- Two references (list names, email addresses, phone numbers and relationship to the applicant);
- Three work samples* (i.e. published news stories or other articles, video, or audio);
- Bachelor’s degree in any major.
*National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is a partner for one fellowship slot, which will go to a qualified member of that organization.