|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 15, 2021|
As our Videographer – Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for creating visual, entertaining, and interactive social media communications to promote TDS and our products and services, supporting the public relations efforts in TDS communities. You will also involve developing engaging videos for internal and external communications. In this role, you will be the point person for TDS’ social media channels that are maintained by the public relations team and would be the social media expert for the company. You will also support shooting and editing stories that put TDS in a positive light internally and externally.
Duties include overseeing and executing a social media strategy with the cooperation of the other TDS teams as well as developing and implementing a video communications plan for the company’s public relations efforts.
To be successful in this role, you must have a demonstrated proficiency in digital video, including pre-production, planning, lighting, audio, postproduction, and editing. For social media, you will need to have experience creating and executing social media campaigns (including paid campaigns), which involve generating, publishing, and sharing daily content (original text, images, or video) and measuring results. You will also need to keep up to date with trending topics in the media and telecom industry and trying to have TDS participate in those conversations.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 2,900 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,100 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
- Oversee and execute a social media strategy with the cooperation of the other TDS teams.
- Create social media campaigns (including paid campaigns), which involve generating, publishing, and sharing daily content (original text, images, or video)
- Monitor social media content for brand and messaging consistency
- Measuring results and adjust strategy to gain maximum return
- Expand social media presence on current and new social media channels to advance TDS message
- Stay up to date on social media trends and telecom industry developments
- Develop and implement a video communications plan for the company’s public relations efforts.
- Create engaging and interesting videos for external and internal use
- Coordinate social media video and graphic campaigns that align with marketing efforts
- Assist with executive leadership communications that involve video
- Promote company philanthropic activities
- Follow company standards and copyright laws for all communications
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years professional work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in video production and managing social media accounts.
- 6+ months of demonstrated expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite and top social media platforms.
- Skills to assist in coordinating editorial calendar – Using Excel, Microsoft Teams, or SharePoint.
- Ability to integrate diverse needs and priorities into cohesive plans and strategies.
- Expert understanding of employee communications and corporate communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse employee population.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Highly conceptual, out-of-the box thinking.