|Employer||University of Costa Rica|
|Apply by||November 8, 2020|
|Posted on||September 2, 2020|
The University of Costa Rica is a public university in the Republic of Costa Rica. Its main campus, Ciudad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio, is located in San Pedro Montes de Oca, in the province of San Jose. It is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious institution of higher learning in Costa Rica and the most important research university in the country.
The virtual communications and curriculum development intern will engage in the following tasks depending on interest and skill:
• Help develop and design materials and activities for the Physics without Stress Textbook, an undergraduate general physics curriculum for medical and biological sciences students.(Reading and writing in Spanish preferred for this task)
• Develop video, tutorials, or even virtual or augmented reality materials
• Perform a bibliographic search and review of related Educational and Physics topics as part of the internship work
• Collaborate in the design of attractive visual media or campaigns to attract new members to IAVE (the International Academic Virtual Exchange Network) IAVE is a networking group with online activities aimed to narrow the gap between scientific training that undergraduate students in Latin America receive. IAVE’s current activities include weekly joint seminars, special seminars, mentoring, short courses and a yearly online IAVE Conference.
• Measure the impact of IAVE’s activities in the professional development of members, recruiting new members via online interaction.
• Collaborate on other transdisciplinary projects.
• Interns are expected to have finished products at the end of the internship, in the form of a set of educational materials, and preferably the draft of a scientific journal article for future publication by our group (authorship order will be awarded to the intern according to the work performed).
Communication will happen via Zoom, email and messaging (WhatsApp and Telegram). Virtual interns will have regular meetings depending on how much weekly time the student can devote to the project. The supervisor will also be available for immediate questions for the student via instant messaging and will check up on them regularly.
Click here for more information about this opportunity.
Application Deadline – November 8, 2020.