|Employer||Sarah Best Strategy|
|Location||Remote (Must be located in WI or IL)|
|Apply by||December 31, 2022|
|Posted on||November 18, 2022|
Sarah Best Strategy helps companies shine in the digital space in the service of creating happier, healthier, and more inclusive communities.
At Sarah Best Strategy, we are striving for a workplace that is tolerant, compassionate, and we celebrate the many ways we create a positive impact on our communities both as individuals and as a team. Our 100% remote team has a desire to create a positive impact in our communities and be the change we wish to see in the world. We desire to create an environment that enables us to be good workers and good people, parents and creatives. We work with Fortune 100+ companies, global and regional nonprofits, faith communities, and small- to mid-sized businesses across a variety of sectors.
Here are a few blog posts written by one of our former interns about their experiences:
The WRITING INTERN is responsible for supporting our writing team in creating and deploying social media content for a variety of clients, completing internal strategy tasks, helping with internal content marketing needs, and assisting with research projects.
When you start your internship, we’ll ask you to identify your learning goals, and craft an experience that helps you achieve those goals. This is a paid internship, 8-10 hours / week. This internship will be structured as a remote internship with required weekly check in meetings and monthly team meetings, optional client meetings, and independent work. You’ll use Zoom video-conferencing to sign in for check-ins and participate in client meetings, and also do work on your own.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description describes the general nature and scope of responsibilities for this position. Please note other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or removed at any time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Junior or Senior working towards a degree in Journalism, Strategic Communications, Advertising, Creative Writing, or a Related Field
● Writing content for social media.
● Curating content on relevant topics.
● Assisting with content topics planning around SEO keywords or client needs.
● Writing articles for email newsletters.
● Writing content marketing blogs on assigned topics.
● Researching hashtags and conducting research on social media in various industries.
● Occasional help with office / administrative tasks, such as sales research or direct mailings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Experience writing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc. for business, class projects, or extracurricular activities. Extensive experience using social media networks personally.
● Experience generating longer-form online content, such as personal blogs, articles, Tumblr feeds, or similar projects.
● Superior oral and written communication skills.
● Effective time management to include establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to work effectively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information related to social media and content marketing.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently.
● Ability to communicate progress on projects.
● Excellent knowledge of software systems and Microsoft Office products.
● Experience working with online content management tools, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Canva a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment and routinely requires employees to perform the following while carrying out the essential functions of this job:
● Must provide own laptop.
● Use standard office equipment (computer, phone, printer/photocopier, etc.)
● Sit for long periods of time.
● Travel occasionally within Madison for work-related meetings or events (not required while pandemic restrictions are in place).
HOW TO APPLY
● Click here to apply online.
● We are an off-campus work study employer for UW-Madison. If you are eligible for work study, please let us know in your application.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Rolling Deadline November 18 – December 31, 2022.