|Employer||U.S. News & World Report|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||September 20, 2021|
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Are you up for the challenge?
Work with a passionate and hard-working team of news journalists covering politics and policy, as well as with our Best Countries, Best States and Healthiest Communities rankings. Write short articles and listicles/slideshows as the news dictates. Assist in web production. Help write short synopses of U.S. News live events.
- Write short stories under tight deadline pressure.
- Assist in web production
- Help U.S. News Live events team in writing short synopses of live streamed events.
- Help U.S. News Government Rankings team in launches of Best States, Best Countries and Healthiest Communities.
Full-time intern description:
- Full-time for 12 months.
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday. Occasional weekend and night work.
- All interns are paid $15.20/hour
You should definitely have:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
It would be nice if you had:
- Interest in news, politics, demographics.
- Comfortable working with data.
- Familiar with content management systems.
- Able to juggle multiple assignments.
- Ability to work as a team under tight deadlines.
- Experience working at a college newspaper or its equivalent
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job information:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.