|Apply by||November 27, 2019|
|Posted on||September 19, 2019|
The Edelman Immersion Program is a twelve-month rotational program exclusively offered in Edelman’s Chicago office and created specifically for exceptional performers who are looking to gain broad exposure to the global communications industry. The program allows for bright, talented individuals to fast-track their careers through high quality work assignments, mentorship opportunities and exposure to various client teams and specialty groups within Edelman.
Each participant rotates through various Edelman practices that could include at least four of the following: Brand, Corporate Storytelling, Advisory Services, Financial Communications, Digital, Health, Creative and Planning.
Rotation lengths can vary but typically last between two to four months each. Participants have a rotation supervisor, attend progress meetings with human resources, receive exclusive access to lunch & learn events with company leadership and are paired with senior-level and peer mentors. Upon completion of the rotational program, employees are placed into permanent roles within a Chicago Edelman team.
Responsibilities will vary based on the practice groups the Immersion Associate is rotating through.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Research, compile and analyze client media coverage
• Write, edit and proofread materials including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and client correspondence
• Provide client service administration support, attend meetings while also handling billing support, scheduling and logistics
• Strong knowledge of social media tools, computer skills and ability to multi-task
• Pitch media and build detailed media lists
• Participate in new business process, including research and proposal preparation
• Organize data and ongoing projects for clients and teams
• Commit to continuous learning through Edelman Learning Institute and other training opportunities
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values: The Relentless Pursuit of Excellence, The Freedom to be Constantly Curious, The Courage to do the Right Thing, and The Commitment to Positively Impact Society
• Complete and present an approved project to leadership at the end of the Edelman Immersion Program
• Currently enrolled in a four-year college or university graduating with a bachelor’s degree upon completion of the 2020 spring semester
• Ability to relocate to Chicago
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Flexible and adaptable to change with a strong ability to multitask
• Minimum of six months internship experience in the Communications, PR industry or related field
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• The Immersion Associate role is a full-time, permanent, entry-level position (this is not an internship program).
PLEASE NOTE: Edelman will be visiting campus on Thurs. Oct. 3 for an info session at 5:30pm in room 2195 Vilas Hall. On Fri. Oct. 4, they will be holding interviews for this position – if you want to be considered for an interview on Oct. 4, you need to apply by Sept. 25 at 5pm CST.
Edelman will still be accepting applications until the deadline of Nov. 27, 2019.
Click here to apply online.
Application deadline—November 27, 2019.
This Immersion Program class will begin July 1st, 2020.
Hear what our past program participants have to say here.