|Employer||United States Golf Association|
|Location||Liberty Corner, NJ|
|Apply by||January 31, 2020|
|Posted on||January 7, 2020|
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Intern, Digital Media is responsible for ensuring that all of the USGA’s digital channels (including, but not limited to, Cisco Vision, YouTube, Dailymotion, Roku and Apple TV) are consistently up-to-date with the latest relevant content, and that said content is optimized to ensure maximum reach, consumption, engagement, and revenue opportunities. This person will be a critical part of the Digital Media team and will be expected to not only complete daily tasks, which will include the editing, publishing and scheduling of content, but also to play an active role in the long-term strategy and planning of our digital channels. Editorial maintenance of usga.org, usopen.com, and the USGA’s other websites and related apps may be necessary at times, as well.
The position begins in February 2020, or as soon as possible, and will run through the end of September 2020.
What you can expect:
• Be an active part of the Digital Media team, consistently pitching innovative ways to deliver USGA content across all platforms and participating in the planning process to strategically determine delivery and execution of USGA content
• Work with the USGA’s video archivist and creative services team to conceptualize new content that will have an impact across USGA and third-party platforms, and appeal to a wide audience of consumers of sports content
• Assist archivist with editing and mining of video footage for use on the USGA’s digital platforms
• Assist in the production and publication of content on on-site video boards through the USGA’s Cisco Vision platform
• Assist in the scheduling of the USGA’s programming on Roku and Apple TV, and other emerging OTT platforms
• Manage the creation and updating of descriptions, tagging, and publishing of videos on YouTube, Dailymotion, and other digital channels as needed
• Actively ensure that content on the USGA’s digital platforms is consistently being optimized for reach, engagement, and revenue generation
• Remain current with digital platform trends and developments, and offer perspective on how they may or may not be a fit for USGA channels
• Update key areas of usga.org and usopen.com when necessary
• Create, edit and publish championship highlights across the USGA’s digital platforms
• Assist the broadcast team with duties related to championship telecasts, as well as production-related tasks in the USGA’s studio
• Work with the USGA’s social media team to plan strategies surrounding the promotion of content on the USGA’s digital platforms
What you bring to the USGA:
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, data-driven person with knowledge of the digital landscape, who consistently stays up-to-date with new trends in that space and who can keep the USGA’s goals and mission in mind when performing tasks. The successful candidate will know how to be part of an effective part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
• 1+ years of experience in managing content on digital platforms or equivalent education
• Working knowledge or past exposure to content management systems
• Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere or similar
• Experience working with video content platforms, including YouTube
• Knowledge of the digital landscape, with a desire to continually stay up to date within the space
• Excellent judgement around how and where particular content is best consumed on digital platforms
• Experience with creating social media content a plus
• Experience in television production a plus, but not required
• Recognition that different channels have variations in tone, style and substance
• Outstanding language and written communication skills
• Experience working as part of a team and in a team environment
• Knowledge and an appreciation for golf a plus
• Highly energetic, ability to meet ongoing deadlines, who rolls up sleeves to get the job done
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—January 31, 2020.