|Employer||Executive Director, Inc.|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||July 24, 2019|
WORKING WITH CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy, ASGCT
REPORTS TO: Director of Policy and Advocacy, ASGCT
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Policy and Advocacy, the Advocacy Manager is responsible for the management and support of the Society’s policy and advocacy initiatives, with an emphasis on legislative policy and engagement with the National Institutes of Health.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
– Assess status of NIH funding for gene and cell therapy research, and plan and execute advocacy meetings annually with representatives from NIH Institutes and Centers
– Track legislative issues related to gene and cell therapy
– Manage, with relevant committees, content development for policy and advocacy events (i.e., Congressional briefings, Policy Summit, policy-related sessions and workshops at the Annual Meeting)
– Assist in communicating, briefing, and providing summaries and talking points for Executive – Director, Society leaders and other stakeholders on policy matters
– Manage related official memberships and collaborative advocacy programs of the Society
– Provide content for communication of advocacy efforts with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., newsletter, news blog posts, Board reports, leave-behinds for legislative staff meetings)
– Assist with submission of comments/letters to governmental entities
– Manage support for meetings of the Government Relations and Ethics Committees
– Develop and implement mechanisms for tracking collaborative relationships related to advocacy
– Assist with research of relevant policy issues
– Stay updated on new technologies, best practices, and industry trends within areas of responsibility
– Other duties as assigned
– Qualifications: Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet multi-faceted and sometimes rapid deadlines.
– Acute attention to detail and a high level of accuracy on outputs. Able to work successfully in a team environment.
– Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in public policy, political science, or related fields preferred.
– Experience: 2-3 years of relevant work experience required, ideally including policy advocacy, association management, nonprofit management, project management, and/or cultivation of internal and external organizational relationships.
Travel of up to 4 weeks per year.
Some evening and weekend work required.
Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds required.
How to Apply: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/executive-director-inc-milwaukee-wi-advocacy-manager/