|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Apply by||August 30, 2020|
|Posted on||June 26, 2020|
Who We Are
FleishmanHillard, a global leader in communications and marketing, is one of the industry’s most recognized integrated communications agencies, bringing together deep strategic thinking and a seamless network to deliver real-world results. We want big thinking, passionate creativity and unbridled energy. In exchange, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and personal success.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
Alfred Fleishman, one of our agency’s founders, was dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. He was instrumental in bringing underrepresented groups together for dialogue and community. In his honor, FleishmanHillard offers the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
This session, our Fellow will assist our amazing healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities.
What You Will Do
- Assist pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies with reputation management, advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications initiatives.
- Write, edit and proofread materials in AP style, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, blog posts, website content and client correspondence
- Pitch story ideas to relevant media and participate in brainstorm sessions
- Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation
- Monitor, research, compile and analyze client media coverage in both online and offline channels
- Be involved in social media projects — from research, copywriting, community management and reporting
- Contribute to agency diversity and inclusion initiatives
Qualified applicants must have
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- A background or strong interest in healthcare
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing or advertising
- A strong career interest in communications
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Your Application Submission Must Include
- Completed application
- Resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples — news releases, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review.
All applications must be submitted by August 30, 2020.