|Employer||Peninsula Publishing and Distribution|
|Location||Baileys Harbor, WI|
|Apply by||March 23, 2018|
|Posted on||March 12, 2018|
The Peninsula Pulse newspaper is looking to fill a summer internship with someone who is seeking to gain experience in writing, editing, and fact-checking for a local newspaper. If you ever wanted to spend the summer in Door County, this position will get you there!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write features about entertainment – live music, outdoor activities, theater, performances, etc. and art-related people, places and events in Door County, Wisconsin.
- Assist with editing, fact checking and weekly newspaper review.
- Qualified applicants must have the ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines, a firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- A positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn are musts.
- Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate.
This position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week and will begin mid-May and last 12-18 weeks. Compensation will depend on experience.
To apply please send a cover letter, three writing samples and resume to the Peninsula Pulse at firstname.lastname@example.org.