|Employer||Capital Newspapers and Baraboo News Republic|
|Apply by||December 19, 2019|
|Posted on||November 19, 2019|
Capital Newspapers, based in Madison and with daily papers in Beaver Dam, Portage and Baraboo, is hiring an Assistant Regional Editor for our northern publications.
Under direction of the Regional Editor, this role assists with all aspects of content planning, reporting and editing for print and digital products. This role will primarily work out of our office in Baraboo but will supervise staff in Dodge, Columbia and Sauk counties.
• Manages reporting staff, which includes hiring, coaching, and developing staff
• Manages content planning, reporting and editing. This includes news, photo galleries, forums, reader contributed information, and social media
• Assures orderly flow of copy during deadline time
• Collaborates with other editors to plan significant local news coverage and long-range investigative projects. Shares coverage and stories with other Capital Newspapers publications
• 4 year college degree in Journalism or related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years newspapers experience required, in either reporting or editorial position
• Supervisory experience strongly preferred
• Requires knowledge of digital news content and social media tools
• Requires basic understanding of libel law, excellent spelling and grammar skills, and high degree of news judgment
• Must be able to work effectively under deadline pressure
• Requires valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and current auto insurance
This is a full-time, exempt role. Benefits offered include medical, dental, and vision insurances; company paid life and long term disability insurance; company matched 401k; employee assistance program; and paid vacation, personal, sick, and holiday time. Pre-employment background and drug screenings apply.
Capital Newspapers is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline-December 19, 2019.