|Employer||Azul Partners Inc|
|Location||Chicago (At home to start)|
|Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 773.865.0387|
|Apply by||May 30, 2020|
|Posted on||May 12, 2020|
Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has over 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
Azul Partners is seeking to fill the position of Associate Editor at Spend Matters, one of the largest online B2B trade publications covering procurement and supply chain management. The associate editor will produce, edit and publish daily content covering corporate purchasing practices, news related to global supply chains and analyses of enterprise software companies. Other responsibilities include executing the day-to-day editorial calendar and collaborating with other editors to creatively develop new audiences and media products for this fast-growing site.
• Recent grad or up to 2–3 years of copyediting/writing/reporting (preferred) or related experience or outstanding internship experience
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism
• Strong editing and writing skills (business reporting experience a plus)
• Proficiency in digital media and social media platforms
• Excellent time management/project management skills
• Proven self-starter and entrepreneurial drive
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
• Comfortable collaborating with and bringing new ideas to senior management
• Bonus: Familiarity with a professional services environment (i.e., consulting) useful
Key Technical Skills
• Mastery of AP style
• CMS knowledge, specifically WordPress
• Strong command of HTML (knowledge of CSS also beneficial)
• SEO knowledge a must
• Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign)
• Social networking (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
• Analytics experience (Google Analytics, LeadLander)
1. Coordinate, edit, fact check and optimize 3–4 articles per day (ranging from short news briefs to feature-length articles)
2. Report, write and edit up some original articles
3. Join editorial and product planning meetings to help brainstorm new ideas and improve current offerings
4. Assist in management and production of editorial calendar
5. Serve as backup/secondary capacity for native advertising production as needed for Spend Matters Brand Studio
6. Proofread client deliverables (e.g., white papers, PowerPoint decks, marketing collateral) as needed by commercial team
7. Assist in production of reports and white papers using InDesign
8. Expand social media audience and engagement across various channels
9. Play key role in growing relevant site traffic through SEO, social media engagement and exploring new media formats (e.g., videos, podcasts)
10. Track and report on site analytics/key conversion indicators, as well as pull content performance data for commercial team as needed
11. Assist as needed with production and proofreading for Spend Matters PRO, a subscription research service covering the procurement and supply chain space
12. Assist as needed with production and proofreading for Spend Matters SolutionMap, a quadrant-based ranking system for evaluating software companies
13. Attend and cover industry events (possibly travel to cover software company customer conferences, as well)
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—May 30, 2020.