|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 22, 2020|
WMTV NBC15 has an immediate opening for a part-time, associate producer. We want someone who is ready to join our award-winning news operation and work on a part-time basis in a new studio featuring the latest technology. Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage, editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including NBC15.com and our social media platforms. This is an entry-level position and an excellent and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market.
- Log and identify great video and compelling soundbytes.
- Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including NBC15.com, as new information is learned.
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (for digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television).
- You must have solid news judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- If you cannot meet your deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and keep smiling, this is not the job or newsroom for you.
- This is a part-time position capped at 28 hours a week.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a degree in Journalism or Communications or another related field. A previous internship or related experience in journalism is a plus.
- Must have a responsible social media presence.
- Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow. To find our open positions, scroll down and click “Jobs By Location” (Madison, Wis.) or “Jobs By Business” (WMTV). All applications, resumes and cover letters must be received through this platform. Please share on your application where you heard of this opening. No phone calls or agents, please. If necessary, email questions to WMTV HR at email@example.com. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening are a condition of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
WMTV NBC15 is drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in the hiring, training, or promotion of employees by reasons of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or age. Gray Television, Inc., our parent company, participates in E-Verify.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in more than 90 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.