|Contact information||Barbara Jedele; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||October 21, 2018|
|Posted on||October 11, 2018|
This internship is coordinated by the UW-Madison International Internship Program.
Astromántica Cartoneira is a non-profit publishing house that publishes unique cardboard books in Vigo, Spain.
The intern will assist in the whole publication process of the books:
-Participate in book-binding and publishing workshops
-Collaborate with outside workshops with different organizations such as local elementary and high schools
-Help with front cover design of the books
-Assist with the layout of the books
-Assist with front cover decoration and design workshops.
-Develop skills to work independently, proactively and in a multicultural team.
-Learn the process of book publication.
-Translation skills from Spanish-English.
-Event planning and coordination.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Good interpersonal skills to work well with others in different cultures and languages
• Creativity & curiosity
• Ability to multitask
• Willingness to work in a team environment
• Interest in the region & culture of internship location
• Good academic and disciplinary standing
• Graphic design experience
• Qualitative research skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Public speaking skills
• Social media and web marketing experience
• Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
Intermediate skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking in Spanish are required.
Students must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior to apply.
Click here to learn more and apply online.
Application Deadline – October 21, 2018.