|Employer||Medical College of Wisconsin|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||July 25, 2019|
The Brand Storyteller and Awareness Ambassador is a Communications team member and responsible for development of content for MCW’s internal and external channels, including, but not limited to Intranet, news releases, social media channels, newsroom stories, publications, and more. The content will be designed to engage and compel internal and external audiences, improve site search engine rankings, site traffic and overall credibility for the brand.
Media relations is a key component of this internship as well. Having a “nose for the news,” and developing the skill of crafting story ideas highlighting MCW’s key strategic priorities to members of the media will be a key skill and takeaway.
This position will be responsible for creating new and unique content in multiple forms – written, image and video and propelling forward the brand awareness in proactive media outreach.
- Write articles, research, gather information, interview faculty, staff and students as needed, follow fact-checking and approval process for producing articles for MCW print and electronic pieces.
- Find and craft stories to proactively pitch to local, regional and national media
- Keep up on local, regional and national media moves and opportunities
- Ensure content publishing is SEO-optimized
- Work with video content – gaining, optimizing and highlighting
- Analyze and provide insights on content performance and recommendations for improvement
- Provide suggestions for content for social media
- Collaborate with team
- Coordinate/manage ad hoc marketing projects, as assigned
- Assist with public relations, social and other marketing team duties to propel initiatives and campaigns forward.
- Research science bloggers, and interact with them on social media
- Proactively seek out popular science bloggers and interact with them on social media
- Update media lists, and research appropriate contacts
- Maintain clippings
- Assist with reporting
- Report progress to Content Development staff on a regular basis.
Student must be in good academic standing in a bachelor’s level program or in a graduate level program in communications, journalism or related field.
Experience writing for publications, class assignments or previous internships preferred. Light media relations / editor experience preferred, but not necessary.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including precise, accurate writing. Professional demeanor and excellent human relations skills. Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to plan and organize work according to established priorities and work with deadlines. Ability to multi-task. Remain flexible to adapt to changing priorities. Ability to write in AP style.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply, go here.