|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 30, 2020|
BuzzFeed News is seeking high school or first year college students with a gift for online storytelling for an exciting, paid opportunity to be a part of our election coverage.
This is a chance to use our huge audience to create meaningful conversations about US politics. The ideal candidate should be creative, passionate about the upcoming election, and eager to show what 2020 means for them and their peers. Ambassadors will collaborate with BuzzFeed News editors to hone their news judgement and learn best practices for engaging and growing a social audience. While having a following already is not a must, we are looking for candidates who already have some experience making creative content or an eye for what works.
This ambassadorship is remote, and we’re looking for people across the country, particularly in swing states or places that might be overlooked in the nationwide political conversation.
Successful ambassadors will work with editors to create at least one video for Instagram stories or Tik Tok per week. Ambassadors will be paid a monthly stipend, and the ambassador program will last from the end of March until the election in November. We are willing to work with your school to ensure that you also receive academic credits.
• Make videos focused around the election or politics with accuracy and news value.
• Create a video a week, and collaborate with editors on ideas
• Develop your journalism skills as well as your news judgement
• Experiment with new ideas and ways of telling stories
• A passion for politics and generating conversation around what’s happening in the world
• A desire to learn how to become a journalist and tell stories in a way that is native to social media platforms
• Creativity and an interest in thinking of new ways to tell stories on Instagram or Tik Tok
• A genuine love and excitement for the internet
• You are between the ages of 16–19 (or will be at least 16 years old on March 1, 2020)
• Write a cover letter with a few short paragraphs (no more than a page) describing why you think you should be selected for the ambassadorship, and what you’re looking to gain from your experience
• Create a video (meant for either Instagram stories or Tik Tok) that shows what you would want to do in this position
• Tell us your favorite non-BuzzFeed accounts for creative and fun way of telling stories tied to the news
• Provide links to your public social media accounts
• Attach an unofficial transcript from your school
• Attach a one-page resume
• Attach a one-page recommendation letter from a teacher, advisor or supervisor
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!