|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 30, 2019|
National Alliance on Mental Illness, (NAMI) Wisconsin is a grassroots non-profit whose mission is to support, education and help advocate for people living with a mental illness and their families. NAMI Wisconsin is based in Madison and our office provides support to 28 affiliates throughout the state. NAMI Wisconsin is seeking a dynamic communication and events coordinator to help us accomplish our mission. This role will include but not limited to event planning, developing marketing, managing social media, supporting fundraising and sponsorship, developing material on behalf of the organization to further our visibility in the state.
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field
– Strong organizational, time and project management skills
– Experience with event planning
– Experience with public relation initiatives
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of how to use social media in a non-profit setting
– Comfortable with public speaking
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud, PowerPoint
– Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekend events
– Must have a car, valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
Typical Duties Include:
– Develop publications, cultivate relationships with media partners, manage our bi-monthly newsletter, update our annual report, website content, event publications, brochures, press releases, direct mailing and social media
– Plan and coordinate major events: Annual Statewide Conference, Healing Art Show, Action on the Square Advocacy Day
– Participate in the planning of annual giving, help solicit corporate sponsors and donors
– Work with Board of Directors and sub-committees to accomplish goals of mission
– This is a full time (40 hours a week) position, supported by a State Block Grant.
– This position salary range is $36,000 – $38,000Benefits include:
– A stipend of $430 per month towards the purchase of health insurance
– 3% salary contribution towards a Simple IRA retirement account
– 2 week’s vacation post probation period, 10 paid holidays, 2 personal days, 12 sick days per year
– Our office offers a flexible schedule with the option to work remotely occasionally
Click here to find out how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!