|Employer||Music Confucius Institute|
|Contact information||Barbara Jedele Advisor and Program Coordinator International Internship Program International Division University of Wisconsin- Madison 259 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706 USA Tel: +1 (608) 261-1018 Skype: uw-iip Advising - by appointment|
|Apply by||October 21, 2018|
|Posted on||October 11, 2018|
This internship is coordinated by the UW-Madison International Internship Program.
The Music Confucius Institute (MCI) was established in 2012 between the Central Conservatory of Music (CCOM) in Beijing and The Royal Danish Academy of Music (RDAM) in Copenhagen.
The purpose of the MCI is to facilitate musical and cultural exchange between China and Denmark. MCI aims to actively contribute to the future global development of music by creating synergies between classical Western and Chinese musical traditions.
MCI works with projects, that create and develop new relationships between Chinese and Western music culture. The institute organizes activities, that include lectures, workshops, and concerts in collaboration with local partners, businesses, Danish/Chinese organizations, and students.
• Planning and coordination of cultural and musical activities, including school visits and concerts
• Public relations and communications
• Administrative and practical matters at the MCI office
• Event management
While working closely with the employees at MCI and the Royal Danish Academy of Music (RDAM), the intern will also work with a group of interns from the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, China(CCOM), who are musicians and music teachers.
• Gain an understanding of communications and administration of an international music institute
• Develop skills in event planning, public relations and social media communications
• Deepen cross-cultural understanding through interning and participating in daily life and cultural activities in Copenhagen
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Openness to other cultures and ways of doing things
• Continuing student (returning to campus or graduating abroad with department approval)
• Creativity & curiosity
• Social media and web marketing experience
• Good academic and disciplinary standing
• Resiliency & high level of maturity and ability to thrive in new and sometimes difficult situations
• Good interpersonal skills to work well with others in different cultures and languages
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Interest in the region & culture of internship location
• General interest in China and/or Chinese culture
• Background in music performance or education
Students must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior to apply.
Click here to learn more and apply online.
Application Deadline – October 21, 2018.