|Apply by||August 27, 2019|
|Posted on||August 7, 2019|
The UW-Madison Libraries is searching for a creative and collaborative individual to help drive our marketing and communications efforts. This position is currently slated to be a 1- to 2-year position. This person will report to the Head of Communications for the Libraries and work closely with the creative services/graphics design position to further the messaging, branding, voice, and mission of the Libraries.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
– Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and digital communication skills.
– Proven attention to detail, creativity, organization, ability to meet multiple deadlines,
multi-task, be proactive offering creative solutions, and showcase unique problem
– Experience with HTML, CSS, and content management systems (such as WordPress).
– Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, and
Illustrator) and MS Office.
– Two or more years of professional experience in marketing, communications, or public relations in an agency, company, or higher education setting.
– Ability to generate frequent high-impact stories and campaigns that showcases the Libraries’ initiatives, partnerships, and impact.
– Understanding of photography and video production basics.
Click here for a full job-description and to apply online.
Application Deadline—August 27, 2019.