|Contact information||Shauna Breneman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-8862|
|Apply by||Rolling Deadline—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||December 3, 2018|
Use your passion for communication to make a difference as a communications associate at the Wisconsin Union. This is a paid internship. At the Union, we help our guests learn, enjoy the outdoors, connect with other community members, and so much more. This intern works closely with the communications director or membership manager to write the stories of the people and places that make up the “heart and soul of campus”. From press releases to blog posts, in this position, this Union team member gains hands-on writing experience and has the opportunity to build an extensive communications portfolio.
Duties for this important position include but are not limited to:
• Create compelling content through copywriting and the coordination of visual media assets.
• Assist with the maintenance of and adherence to the Union’s editorial calendar.
• Analyze email marketing efforts and make recommendations for further development and improvement.
• Write and edit press releases, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Experience with content management systems and email marketing software strongly preferred. Strong editing, interviewing, and research skills. The ability to take initiative, think and work independently, and excellent judgment/problem-solving skills are a must.
Prefer candidates majoring in strategic communications, journalism, English, communication arts, marketing, or a related field.
$9.26 per hour
To apply, along with completing the electronic application, please submit the following to email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• Summer weekly schedule availability
• 3 writing samples (non-academic samples, if possible)
Rolling Deadline—Apply ASAP!