|Employer||Layton Boulevard West Neighbors|
|Apply by||Apply by August 21st to ensure full consideration; however, the position will remain open until filled.|
|Posted on||August 7, 2019|
The Layton Boulevard West Neighbors, Inc. (LBWN) seeks a Communications Coordinator, who will be responsible for LBWN’s external communications which increase the neighborhood’s and the organization’s visibility. If you excel in writing, enjoy being creative, are detail-oriented and are passionate about improving the community, please consider joining our team!
LBWN is an innovative community development corporation building strong and healthy neighborhoods on Milwaukee’s south side in the Silver City, Burnham Park, and Layton Park neighborhoods. Founded by the School Sisters of St. Francis in 1995, LBWN has leveraged $48 million in neighborhood improvements. Since this time, LBWN has grown in size, budget, and impact.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
External communications to neighbors and community partners (65%)
– Organize the annual Love Where You Live Photo Contest
– Ensure LBWN maintains consistent communication with elected officials and media contacts
– Manage, update and publish bilingual (English-Spanish) communications:
– Create a communication plan and content (written, photo and/or video) to
promote neighborhood events, businesses and activities
– Create content for and maintain an updated and informative LBWN website
– Lead planning and writing of monthly e-newsletters seeking input from LBWN staff and community partners
– Create informative and engaging content for Facebook and other social media platforms
– Create biannual print newsletters for distribution to neighbors and business owners
– Engage neighbors and business owners in communications strategy including videos, photo contests, newsletter stories, and other tactics
– Maintain an updated Community Calendar to include events such as Phobruary, Silver City – International Festival, tours of homes and commercial properties, and more
Evaluation, analysis and record-keeping: (10%)
– Monitor website, e-newsletter and social media analytics
– Track and record key metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis
– Monitor and track earned media stories and other news about LBWN and the neighborhoods
– Maintain accurate records of individuals and partner organizations in LBWN’s database
Collaboration with LBWN team (25%)
– Collaborate with LBWN staff to ensure clear communication of LBWN’s brand and coordinate external communications
– Support LBWN’s fundraising activities such as developing a creative annual donation appeal
– Participate in other meetings, workshops, and community resource fairs
– Ensure confidentiality regarding neighbors, business owners, corporate/organization/foundation sponsorships, etc.
– Serve as public spokesperson for organization in coordination with other staff
– Continually develop sound knowledge and understanding of LBWN’s mission and work
– And other duties as deemed necessary
– Excellent bilingual (English-Spanish) written and oral communication skills required
– Committed to furthering the mission of LBWN
– Excited to spread the word to neighbors and the greater community about amazing neighborhoods
– Ability to work in a diverse neighborhood and develop relationships with people
– Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative
– Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet
– Exceptional organizational and time management skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and follow-up
– Strong attention to detail
– Effective team player
– Committed to continuous growth, learning and development
– Experience with WordPress, social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive preferred or capacity to learn
– Experience or formal education in communications, journalism, marketing, nonprofits, translating or related fields
– Preference given to individuals with lived experience in the neighborhoods where LBWN works
Click here to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Layton Boulevard West Neighbors, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace.