|Employer||Wisconsin Humanities Council|
|Location||Madison , WI|
|Apply by||Rolling deadline—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||June 29, 2019|
We’re looking for an intern who would like to build his or her professional credits and experience while learning how to do press releases, chase down media information, help promote our programs through writing, graphics, social media and video, and monitor social media channels. This would be unpaid in exchange for the clips, experience and training, and volunteer service. The position may evolve into a funded relationship.
We are off campus near West High School. Two bus lines run within about four blocks.
The Wisconsin Humanities Council is a non-profit that serves the people of Wisconsin using funds from the National Endowment for the Humanities, State of Wisconsin and private donations to support and create programs that use history, culture and discussion to strengthen community life for everyone in Wisconsin.
More information about WHC can be found on our website at www.wisconshumanities.org
This internship requires 4-8 hours per week in time commitment, with flexibility.
This position is unpaid and does not offer academic credit.
• Writing and distributing press releases for each WHC grant round (7 per year)
• Assisting with WHC social media and web communications
• Research and data collection in support of programs.
• Other communications or marketing tasks or projects as determined in consultation with supervisor.
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Professional office etiquette, reliability and promptness.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Attentive to detail and complete projects on schedule.
• Experience with social media and general computer skills.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample that includes your year in school, anticipated graduation date and pertinent academic and work experience to meg.turvilleheitz @ wisconshumanities.org