|Employer||Susan G. Komen Wisconsin|
|Location||Madison, WI (Can be remote)|
|Apply by||August 30, 2019|
|Posted on||June 28, 2019|
Susan G. Komen Wisconsin Communications Intern Reports to: Communications Manager
Position status: Intern (unpaid) Time commitment: 10-15 hours/week, Fall Semester 2019
Location: Madison, WI (can be remote for the right candidate)
The Communications Intern will ideally be a college sophomore or junior who has studied social media strategy and has strong writing and marketing skills. This position requires excellent advertising writing skills as well as the ability to effectively implement and follow the Komen social media calendar. This position will work with Komen WI staff to develop, implement and message events and fundraising campaigns. **Writing samples are required with application.
● Assist with building and collecting assets for the Komen Wisconsin blog, including writing stories on individuals helped by Komen.
● Collaborate with Komen WI staff to maintain a consistent voice on social media
● Monitor social media channels
● Developing updated media lists and reaching out to media contacts with potential stories
● Weekly internal/external communications
● Designing timelines, calendars, reports, and other social media/communications materials
● Assisting with onsite event set-up and other tasks
● Assist with marketing and social media needs for these initiatives (event depends on timing of internship): Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) End of Year/Holiday Giving Campaign, BigWigs More Than Pink Gala Race for the Cure (Wausau, Milwaukee, Madison)
Required knowledge and skills:
● A love of writing and the discipline to edit using the AP Stylebook
● Skilled in advertising writing and writing for social media
● Relevant Advertising, Marketing, Mass Communication coursework
● Knowledge of WordPress for blogs
● Detail-oriented with strong project management skills
● Strong interpersonal verbal, and written communications skills essential
● Efficient time management to meet deadlines
● Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
● Experience in the non-profit sector
● “Hands-On” ownership of projects, building experience in project management
● Collaboration and networking with multiple departments and customers both internal and external
● Being part of a strategic planning and implementation of PR plan
● Build a work based portfolio
● Experience working with internal and external stakeholders
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Melanie Tobiasz, Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susan G. Komen Wisconsin’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.