|Apply by||Sept. 15, 2019|
|Posted on||August 9, 2019|
About Freedom, Inc.
Freedom, Inc. is a non-profit dynamic social justice collective of Black and Southeast Asian women, queer and trans folx, and young people working to end violence within and against our communities. Our work is focused here in Dane County, WI with national and international impact.
Our mission is to inspire and restore power to those most affected by violence through providing life-saving services, leadership development, and community organizing. We create healthy communities by campaigning against the root causes of violence, creating our own definitions of identity and resiliency, and empowering all community members as agents of change. All of our efforts are community-based and specific with regard to language, gender, generation, and culture, so that we can ultimately produce lasting forms of social, political, cultural, and economic change.
Who We Want to Join the Team:
As our work is growing and expanding, we are looking for a passionate and talented communications intern who can help us share our story and work to the world. The position would be 10 hours per week for the Fall semester.
Responsibilities for the intern would include:
- Create media content such as press releases, flyers, newsletters, and social media content
- Develop a Freedom, Inc. Archive
- Support relationship-building with local media outlets
- Add general capacity to our existing communications strategy
- Graphic design for print and web materials, including familiarity with design and editing software
- Strong reporting, interviewing, and writing skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Enthusiasm for social justice work and supporting the mission of Freedom, Inc.
We will Provide:
- A fun and social justice-oriented work and learning environment
- Mentorship and supervision by Dr. Lori Lopez, Professor of Communication Arts
- Stipend for the semester: $1,500
- Please email cover letter and resume to M. Adams at email@example.com
- Include links to work samples if they are relevant
- Deadline: September 15, 2019
To learn more about our organization visit us on Facebook or our website www.freedom-inc.org