|Employer||Madison Public Library Foundation|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 13, 2019|
The Foundation is currently looking for an outgoing, creative Communications Intern to join our small office team for the upcoming semester. Position generally runs each semester of the university school year (spring, fall, summer). The Communications Intern works closely with the Event Intern to plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising events for the foundation, as well as with other office members in maintaining the foundation website and other marketing campaigns. Intern has the opportunity to gain valuable marketing and public relations experience. Internship may be taken for credit at the initiative of the intern at his or her respective college or university.
Duties of the position would include:
• Writing: Write articles for quarterly newsletter, media advisories, and marketing style web content.
• Social Media: Author social media posts and stories on various platforms. Analyze and track social media posts.
• Marketing: Assisting with event marketing; author e-mail marketing blasts. Coordinate marketing efforts with the library.
• Other communications-related tasks as needed.
• Applicant should have excellent judgement, strong writing and organizational skills and be tech savvy.
• College or university student pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business, nonprofit management or related field encouraged to apply.
• Familiarity with local media is a plus. Hours are flexible, and occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
• Located downtown on the bus line, but a car is a plus as this position will require travel to Madison’s 9 neighborhood libraries. Smart phone is also a plus as this position will require photos to be taken.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 12-15 per week
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and a non-academic marketing –style writing sample to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Foundation
Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated city funds and the ever-rising costs of library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.