|Employer||National Rural Electric Cooperative Association|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 13, 2020|
The NRECA member communications intern will support strategic communication projects designed to build closer relationships between NRECA and its member cooperatives, and between electric cooperatives and the end-use consumer-members they serve.
Primary assignments will include coordination and logistical support for long-term projects and writing/editing content for a variety of platforms and audiences. The NRECA Intern will enhance his or her communications skills by working with multiple managers on a variety of communication and marketing projects. Intern will begin to learn about electric cooperatives, renewables and other basics associated with the fast-changing energy industry.
The intern will assist the Member Communications team with the tasks and projects listed below and other duties as assigned:
• Take meeting notes, organize member data and collaborate on deliverables for high-profile, multifaceted consumer-member engagement program
• Assist with print and social media copy writing and editing as needed for publication utilized by co-op members across the country
• Conduct various topic/policy research projects
• Write and edit content, develop simple graphics for employee Intranet site Help with developing communications for employee Engagement Committee events
Requirements and Qualifications:
Seeking an intern with a communications background and focus. Self-starter,”out-of’-the-box” thinker with a range of communication and marketing skills. Ability to work with different managers and balance multiple projects at once.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write in/for different styles, voices, audiences, mediums, lengths and occasions.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Comfortable engaging with NRECA members, staff and vendors on the telephone, in person and via email.
• Excellent account service skills, such as note taking, preparing meeting summaries and action item reports, scheduling, project tracking and reporting, deadline coordination, and responding to member requests.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Helpful skills and experience include: working knowledge of Associated Press Style, InDesign, CANVA, Adobe creative suite, developing creative presentations (including Prezi), creating infographics
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Mandatory Start Date: May 18th
Available May 18 – August 7th
Must be able to provide to letters of recommendations should you be chosen for the internship program
Pay rate $18.50
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!