|Employer||Social Media and Adolescent Health Research Team (SMAHRT)|
|Apply by||February 1, 2020|
|Posted on||December 3, 2019|
The Social Media and Adolescent Health Research Team (SMAHRT) has a communications internship opening which will provide immersive experiences for an undergraduate student. SMAHRT’s mission is to advance our understanding of the relationship between media and adolescent health towards educating teens, providing better care, and developing innovations in adolescent health. SMAHRT is led by Dr. Megan Moreno, an adolescent medicine physician and researcher. Our multidisciplinary team includes undergraduate students, medical trainees and SMAHRT staff from various backgrounds of study including communication, forensic science, education, and biology.
We are looking to work with an undergraduate who is interested in a communications internship on a volunteer or for-credit basis.
1. Generating new ideas for effective promotions strategies
2. Updating and maintaining the team website, including generating new content via images or blog posts
3. Generating content and strategies for social media platforms
4. Publicizing our events online, in the press, and among the Pediatric Department’s staff
5. Assisting with writing and editing of materials
6. Attending and contributing to team meetings
Required Qualifications: Previous communications experience and/or a background in journalism, communications, or public relations, specifically as it relates to the scientific enterprise are helpful, but not required.
The following skills and abilities are required:
● Able to work independently and as part of a team
● Able to communicate openly and honestly
● Good time management skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong interest in advancing a health-related mission
● Ability to think creatively and follow instructions
● Ability to establish and commit to a schedule of at least seven consistent weekly hours
● Professionalism and exceptional dedication to team projects and goals
● Currently a second or third year of undergraduate career
● 7-11 hours per week commitment preferred
If you are interested, please contact Maggie Bushman at email@example.com and include the following information:
1. Your resume or CV (with contact information)
2. A brief statement that describes your interest in this position, previous communications experience, qualifications, and/or current outreach work
3. The number of hours/week you are able to work
Application Deadline—February 1, 2020.