|Employer||Executive Director, Inc.|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||January 10, 2020|
WORKING WITH CLIENT ASSOCIATION(S): Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA)
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration, CARRA
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
STATUS: Exempt (minimum 37.5 hours/week)
The Communications Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of CARRA’s communication strategies and public relations/social media activities as related to the CARRA mission and strategic plan. The Communications Manager will work closely with CARRA’s Executive Director, Director of Administration, Director of Strategic Partnerships & Patient Engagement and other members of the CARRA leadership.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
· Develop, direct, implement and evaluate a communications strategy that supports the mission and strategic objectives of CARRA. This strategy will include specific plans for print, web, social media and other media targeted to internal and external audiences.
· Use technologies and other means to identify members’ interests and needs according to demographic breakdowns and other stratifications.
· Use technologies to continuously keep CARRA members and CARRA’s extended network engaged and apprised of initiatives, events, opportunities and their associated outcomes.
· Maintain editorial, graphic and branding standards for all CARRA communications.
· Prepare communications-related project proposals and budgets, assist in their approval process, and retain budgetary responsibility for their implementation and completion.
· Work in collaboration with key stakeholders, including the Arthritis Foundation, LFA, Cure JM in cross-promotional efforts.
· Manage the editorial content and production of the CARRA electronic newsletter, Registry Newsletter, e-announcements, print, web, social media, and other media.
· Draft creative/engaging pieces that showcase CARRA’s research related work and projects (for newsletter, website, other)
· Manage posting of content to public facing and members-only internal CARRA website. Ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly and that content is up to date.
· Develop content for and manage the production of an annual report for CARRA.
· Manage production of and develop content for Annual Meeting program, Annual Meeting App, including push notifications throughout the conference.
· Manage and draft communications regarding Annual Meeting Registration.
· Manage and develop communications promoting other CARRA related events and meetings.
· Ensure new publications are highlighted/results are distributed to multiple audiences/ stakeholders.
· Edit/initiate drafts of newsletter articles and other communications; draft and edit other public communications.
· Draft communications related to membership renewals.
· Draft communications, press releases, media alerts related to key CARRA research related initiatives, and serve as a point of contact with the media and other organizations.
Tracking and Reporting
· Oversee the management of media records and reports.
· Develop a system that measures member and stakeholder engagement in meaningful ways, allowing for continuous improvement.
· Other duties as assigned.
3-5 years of communications experience including publications, web, public relations, supervisory experience; outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; computer proficiency; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To apply, please see: www.jobsthathelp.com/job/executive-director-inc-milwaukee-wi-communications-manager-4