|Employer||League of Women Voters of Wisconsin|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||May 12, 2020|
This position is a one year opportunity for an outstanding communications professional to be a key member of the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin’s state staff, reporting to the Executive Director. The person chosen will work closely with the Board and other staff to coordinate internal and external messaging in alignment with our strategic plan and overall organizational priorities including mission, strategic planning, and programming.
This person will be responsible for supporting day-to-day internal and external communications needs including: media outreach; social media channels; website development and updating; biweekly emails to local Leagues, volunteers and other supporters; quarterly newsletter; our online HUB for local Leagues; and more. This position will be key in our campaign to leverage the organization’s 100th anniversary as well as election protection and voter service efforts.
• Support the Executive Director and other staff members with overall strategy development and daily implementation across multiple channels of internal and external communication
• Draft press releases, statements, blogs, email copy, Action Alerts and messaging strategies on key League impact issues
• Coordinate rapid response messaging with the Executive Director and Voter Education Manager
• Assist in preparing remarks and talking points for League spokespersons
• Post content to the League website
• Contribute to planning for long-term website needs and strategy
• Maintain social media channels for the League with daily content
• Track League news coverage and maintain a media contact database
• Track member advocacy resulting from LWVWI Action Alerts
• Create graphics to support messaging campaigns for cross-channel use
• Work with newsletter contractors (editor and graphic)
• Communications experience, prefer nonprofit and advocacy work
• Strong writing, editing and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and adapt to a fast pace and changing environment
• Ability to work independently and also function well as a team player
• Commitment to the League’s mission and a passion for voting rights and civic engagement
• Background in strategic communications, media relations, particularly with national nonprofit, and political and/or issues campaigns experience desired
• Proficiency with Google Suite preferred
• Experience working with basic website design desired
• Experience working with email software including MailChimp preferred
Location and Salary:
This is a full-time position based in Madison, WI. Some in-state travel will be required for conferences, training and meetings as well as occasional out-of-state travel. This position includes a benefit package including vacation and sick time, retirement, and Health Savings Account. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $50,000 a year plus benefits.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and 1 writing sample to: LWVWisconsin@lwvwi.org.