|Employer||UW-Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health|
|Apply by||January 1, 2019|
|Posted on||December 5, 2018|
We seek a high-energy, well-organized individual, who is technologically savvy, has an eye for detail, and is driven by planning to optimize our communication strategies and online presence. The Communications Specialist will develop a wide range of communication strategies on behalf of Health Innovation Program (HIP) investigators and affiliated researchers, including the following major tasks:
1. Lead the creation of new materials and the publicity strategy for HIPxChange, a web portal that provides tools and materials for evidence-based health system and population health improvement, thereby accelerating the translation of new and existing knowledge into clinical and community practice to improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes.
2. Produce, edit, and post online content for HIP’s public-facing websites and internal Intranet. This includes employing knowledge of HIP’s research and partnership activities to write and/or edit and manage print and online content, oversee graphic creation and/or photography, obtain feedback from stakeholders, and finalize the production of materials on the web and other online locations.
3. Develop other written communications by employing knowledge of visual communication to develop presentations, reports, and compelling graphics, maintain HIP’s social media accounts, send mass emails about events and information of interest, and develop other communications materials as needed.
4. Maintain records of publicity related to HIP’s research and partnership activities to demonstrate interest and impact to funders.
– Minimum of two years of professional experience in a communications position in a healthcare, public health, and/or non-profit setting
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience managing communications through content planning, production, and distribution
– Experience developing compelling graphics and presentation materials, including proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Photoshop
– The ability to creatively use multiple communication platforms. Including: print, web, social media, multi-media, and web and face-to-face presentations
– The ability to edit online content management systems
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Click here to apply online.
Note: applicants will be asked to upload a current resume/CV, a cover letter briefly describing your qualifications relevant to the position and provide contact information for three (3) references, including at least one current or former supervisor.
Application Deadline—January 1, 2019.