|Employer||Penfield Children's Center|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 30, 2019|
The Community Outreach and Marketing Specialist will be responsible for community outreach initiatives and education workshops for the Kohl’s Building Blocks program in southeastern Wisconsin’s 10-county region; with a focus on Milwaukee County. Additionally, this individual will assist with marketing of the Kohl’s Building Blocks program and Penfield Children’s Center. The Community Outreach and Marketing Specialist will have approximately 70% of time in community outreach, and 30% time assisting with marketing. Occasional evening and weekend hours, required, associated with community outreach, education workshops, and special events. This position reports to the Manager of Community Outreach and Family Programs with the support of the Marketing Manager. This is a grant funded position; the current three-year grant has been funded through 12/31/2020 and is renewable at that time.
Participation in Outreach program:
• With Manager of Community Outreach and Family Programs, develop and execute a comprehensive community outreach and education program that meets, if not exceeds, each of the metrics outlined as part of the Kohl’s Building Blocks program. 1) Provide leadership for the promotion, coordination and delivery of workshops on disability awareness and anti-bullying for elementary schools, scout troops and summer camps. 2) Coordinate and deliver workshops about child development for parent and professional audiences within southeastern Wisconsin.
• With Penfield Children’s Center staff, industry experts, parents, community members and other relevant parties, develop curricula for the Kohl’s Building Blocks workshops.
• Identify opportunities to build partnerships with organizations and relevant agencies to conduct outreach initiatives focused on raising awareness of the Kohl’s Building Blocks program and programming and service offerings at Penfield Children’s Center.
• With the Manager of Community Outreach and Family Programs, lead external outreach initiatives including, but not limited to, Penfield’s presence at Summerfest and State Fair which includes developing outreach tactical plan, orienting staff and volunteers, executing plan and responding to unexpected changes.
• With Manager of Community Outreach and Family Programs and the Marketing Manager, identify opportunities to expand available workshops and professional development opportunities on the interactive component of the Kohl’s Building Blocks program, PenfieldBuildingBlocks.org.
Assist with marketing and communications:
• Assist with providing content for the Kohl’s Building Blocks digital platform.
• Write press releases and media pitches monthly for the purpose of promoting Penfield’s programs and serving as a content expert for current news topics.
• Assist with writing and editing of Penfield internal and external newsletters.
• Assist with writing and compiling content for print materials for special events.
• Write and compile content for the annual report.
• Maintain digital calendar and slideshow.
• College degree, preferably in Education, Communications, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience.
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle during working hours.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy required: efficiency in Microsoft office. Ability to learn new programs.
• Strong public speaking and communication skills.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Self-starter and willing to take initiative; able to work independently with accountability.
• Detail-oriented, efficient and ability to multi-task.
• Works effectively with a diverse population of volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful partnerships.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Knowledge of available community resources.
• Meeting vaccine standards as outlined in Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure control plan.
• Ability to lift or move objects of 50 lbs. or less on a daily basis.
• Must have sufficient mobility to move- including bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp.
Click here to learn out how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!