|Contact information||Jackie Davenport firstname.lastname@example.org 608.890.4822|
|Apply by||April 20, 2018|
|Posted on||March 12, 2018|
The University of Wisconsin Athletic Department is currently accepting applicants for student internships in the Office of Community Relations. Selected applicants will assist community relations staff in managing the Badgers Give Back outreach program and advancing its mission to enrich lives by actively leading to encourage, engage and serve Badger nation.
Requirements: Candidates must be enrolled at a higher education institution and possess a valid driver’s license. Students pursuing a graduate degree in a relevant field are encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary contact for outreach programs with responsibilities including scheduling volunteer events, drafting press releases and building relationships with community partners and student-athletes
• Help coordinate student-athlete appearances by working with event contacts to confirm logistics, recruiting student-athletes to volunteer and transporting student-athletes to events
• Assist with charitable projects, including wish fulfillment experiences, food drives and student-athlete led initiatives
• Responsible for recording and tracking student-athlete volunteer hours and preparing community service reports
• Create digital media and marketing materials to be published on social media; Develop social media strategy and campaigns across a variety of platforms, develop monthly reports on social media results and outline any necessary changes to the social media strategy as part of the digital marketing plan, manage the Badgers Give Back social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and develop content to engage users, keep on top of trends and developments that can help market our brand, create and manage social media calendar, source and curate content that aligns with the brand voice, monitor news to provide timely and relevant posts.
• A creative thinker, ready to come to work with fresh ideas and suggestions for improvement of our new department and initiatives
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills across multiple audiences, including the ability to solve customer complaints
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including development and execution
• Ability to write and edit press releases and a comprehensive knowledge of social media
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to schedule events and manage multiple calendars
• Respectful of sensitive and confidential information
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn complex NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications (including Premier and Photoshop) are preferred
To apply, please email a pdf cover letter and resume to Jackie Davenport at email@example.com. Internships will start June 2018 and will go through May 2019 with the option to a mutually agreed upon renewal for a second year.
Deadline for application is April 20th, 2018. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.