|Contact information||Laura Richards email@example.com|
|Apply by||January 29, 2020|
|Posted on||January 14, 2020|
Looking for students with an interest in professional event planning. However, all candidates are welcome to apply.
A minimum 8 months commitment is required for this position due to software training. During the spring semester, candidate must be available to work 8-12 hours per week beginning in January. Summer hours are 30 hours per week. Due to summer scheduling requirements, all summer commitments (including coursework) must be pre-approved by the Conference Manager with ample notice.
Schedules are somewhat flexible, with the majority if the hours between Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm. During the summer hours will vary requiring some weekends and evenings as necessary depending on the conference schedule.
• Assist with coordinating conference attendees registration through online software, email and phone
• Reserve conference rooms for banquets, poster sessions, meals, and any other events and coordinate audio visual and set up needs within event management software (EMS)
• Design custom room layouts for special events
• Be onsite and manage registration area during conferences
• Perform clerical tasks: copying, word processing (Microsoft Word), maintaining spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
• Helping prepare program books and registration materials for various conferences and run on site conference registration desk
• Interest in a career in events and conference planning.
• Experience in written and verbal communication with clientele.
• Ability to work with diverse groups and adapt to change quickly.
• Ability to work in a professional office, both as part of a team and independently.
• Effectively and efficiently, manage multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines.
• Strong knowledge and experience with spreadsheets, especially Microsoft Excel.
The main function of this Internship is to assist the Conference Management Team in coordinating the logistics and services required for assigned multi-day conferences varying from 50 to 1,200 people in order to gain professional experience.
Previous customer service and office work experience is required
To apply email resume and cover letter to Laura Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadline— January 29, 2020 at 5 pm.