|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||June 30, 2020|
Evoke is a marketing and advertising agency servicing the healthcare industry. We partner with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients – consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Your role as Copywriter
The Copywriter (CW) is responsible for developing ideas and copy that creatively deliver on our clients’ strategies and support their creative tones. CW works in partnership with the Art Director (AD) to generate concepts and tactics, and to progress them through execution. Even though your role is copywriter, you are expected to go beyond that and develop an understanding of and contribute to the visual expression of the ideas put forth. He or she should be able to become a brand product information specialist and be comfortable appropriately sourcing written materials (referencing) for a client’s Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) review board. CW reports to the Associate Creative Director (ACD) or Creative Director (CD) and assists them in the development of more complex projects.
Creative Role & Responsibilities
- Talented writer and communicator
- Able to research and fact find to fill knowledge gaps. Knows how to ask the right questions.
- Understands the strategy as outlined in the brief. Able to develop work that answers the brief.
- Develops a range of creative executions for each project and effectively collaborates with Art Director to ensure design and copy work together to support the concepts
- Has an innate world curiosity, actively keeping in tune with popular culture, being aware of trends, brands and technologies and how they impact our business and culture in general
- Stays informed about our industry and our clients’. Looks for new technology, digital or social outlets etc. that could help deliver success for our clients.
- Aware of what is going on in the Healthcare Marketing arena. Learns client’s business and direct competitors.
- Develops a strong understanding of assigned brand
- Willingness to communicate and consult with team members (Account Management, Strategy, Project Management, Regulatory Operations etc.) regarding creative work, quality control, MLR submissions and deadlines
- Understands assigned scope of work and manages to expectations
- Responsible for maintaining version and quality control of owned assets through lifecycle of project
- Accountable for on-time deliverables
- Plays a supporting role in pitches
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- Writes clear, cohesive creative copy for multiple channels (print and digital and video)
- Can verbally describe work in a clear and concise manner internally and with client
- Possesses solid, active listening skills
- Understands how to use and apply medical references and validate with Medical Editor partner ahead of MLR submissions
- Knows AMA style
- Able to follow a copy style guide
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes
- Self-monitor work to adhere to brief and deliver on expectations
- Actively maintains an understanding of how work moves through the agency. Follows relevant agency Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Fully capable of working in Word, Outlook, ProofHQ, Acrobat and Timesheet softwares. Some knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Understands and follows the process of manuscript management for print and digital projects
- Ability to establish trust with core team
- Collaboratively work with assigned partner
- Works directly with Medical Editor to ensure accuracy and quality
- Presents work to client via call and WebEx
- Able to manage up to supervisor keeping them informed of workload, present assignments and take feedback on board as needed
Evoke is a full-service health and wellness agency with a heritage of innovation. The agency has built an outstanding reputation for creating evocative, award-winning marketing platforms that educate, inform, and inspire action. With offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, and a global reach through their agency network, Huntsworth Health, Evoke is comprised of marketing professionals dedicated to pioneering new and better ways to communicate between brands and people.
It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.