|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 22, 2019|
This is your chance to gain real-time experience in communications while finishing your degree! Our Corporate Communications – PR Internship Program has been developed to help you shape your career in PR and communications.
As a Corporate Communications – PR Intern at TDS, you will have the opportunity to:
• Work directly on Corporate Communications initiatives
• Learn from experts in communications and PR
• Build your portfolio writing for multi-media formats (e.g., blogs, news releases, internal/external stories, social media)
• Contribute social media content, maintenance and strategies for various properties including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
• Gain hands-on experience within a variety of PR areas
• Join a network of interns as part of TDS’ Intern Employee Resource Group, with opportunities for leadership
• Spend time with professional partners and leadership participating in day-to-day activities
• Create video segments and assist with production
We are looking for an intern to join the team Spring 2020. You will have the opportunity to work 10-20 hours per week in the Madison office during the school year; and up to 30 hours per week during the summer. Flexible scheduling is available.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
• #TDS has an Intern Employee Resource Group (ERG) with the purpose to support a diverse and inclusive community of interns by providing resources for development, opportunities for internal advancement and forums to connect with other interns. This group meets once a month and allows you to hear from other interns about their projects as well as leaders within the organization about their team. They host networking events to get you connected within the organization with the goal of finding full-time employment within TDS by graduation. Additionally, there are monthly social events with other interns throughout the Madison area
• An employer that places priority on employee development and training with a key focus on internal promotion
• Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
• A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
• Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
• TDS Telecom actively supports many local charities, University of Wisconsin activities, and community events and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities
• Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
Here are some of the things we do from our headquarters in Madison, WI:
• Collect and distribute food and toys for local charities at the holidays
• Provide many hours of bell ringing for the Salvation Army
• Donate hundreds of pints of blood through bi-monthly blood drives
• Volunteer for Meals on Wheels
• Conduct fundraisers for a variety of organizations
• And so much more
• 3+ semesters in the study of PR, Marketing, News Media, or Communications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills, social media savvy, Excel and Word.
• 1+ years computer experience.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!