|Employer||Leaders Igniting Transformation|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 18, 2020|
ABOUT LEADERS IGNITING TRANSFORMATION:
Leaders Igniting Transformation (LIT) is a youth of color led independent nonprofit. Founded in 2017, LIT engages in values-based issue and electoral organizing, direct action, advocacy for public policy, and leadership development. On campuses and communities in Milwaukee’s key geographies, we organize young people to build independent political power for social, racial and economic justice.
Leaders Igniting Transformation (LIT) is looking for an organized, motivated and creative individual to be our social media manager. The social media manager will manage LIT’s presence across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TicTok with a primary goal of increasing the visibility of our organization. They will ensure branding is consistent and that a true community is being built. Other responsibilities include:
– Execute LIT’s communications strategy in support of our mission, vision, values, and culture.
– Ensure consistency of message, look, and feel across all communications.
– Listen, develop, and tell authentic and compelling stories of youth of color across our digital media
– In collaboration with Digital Strategies Manager & Communication Manager, direct and manage the production of creative content for digital platforms.
– Manage independent contractors and the project management for their deliverables to ensure timely delivery of creative products.
– Grow LIT’s brand awareness and online reputation
– Grow an engaged LIT community on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
– Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content
– Create a regular publishing schedule / content calendar
– Generate opportunities to identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc
– Collaborate with artists to embed culture and creativity into social media accounts
– Set-up, monitor, and report monthly social media metrics
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
We’re looking for candidates with particular strengths in the following areas:
– Digital native with an existing online presence
– A strong personal voice in writing and social media content, with the ability to speak authentically in our organization’s voice.
– Enthusiasm about the power of social media to organize political action
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Critical thinker with the ability to work strategically.
– Ability to generate new, high quality content from scratch on a short timeline
– Ability to simplify complex concepts in written and graphic designs like infographics and fliers
– Ability to maintain focus while juggling multiple deadlines.
– Pro-Oxford comma.
We’re looking for candidates with social media organizing experience including:
– One or more years of work experience in communications and/or ability to demonstrate mid-level expertise in social media design or content strategy.
– Experience organizing colleagues, organizations, and/or movements while centering racial justice and/or racial equity.
– Experience using the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok
– Experience designing, running, and evaluating social media ads
– Experience using project management tools including Zoom, Asana, Slack, Everyaction, Agorapulse, and Statalytics
– Experience in basic photo and video production for social media
– Energetic, enthusiastic, and able to occasionally work irregular hours and travel.
– 45,000 + + $100 per month cell phone allowance
– Leaders Igniting Transformation offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums,
– Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Limited Term Employed
– Due to COVID-19 we are only able to guarantee this job until December, 31 2020
To apply, please see: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/leaders-igniting-transformation-milwaukee-wi-creative-social-media-organizer/