|Employer||The Cathedral Center|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 24, 2019|
Job Summary: The database & communications associate is a full-time position that is responsible for managing the overall database, as well as print and electronic communications for the Cathedral Center. The Coordinator also provides general administrative support to Cathedral Center’s executive, administrative, and resource development staff, specifically the director of resource development who oversees this position. Hours are primarily first shift and onsite Monday-Friday (8:30-5:00 p.m.). Additional hours may be required for staff meetings, team meetings, and trainings, as well as community events or engagements – with specific schedule determined by the supervisor.
Job Duties: Below are some of the key responsibilities of the database & communications coordinator. Additional duties may be assigned to ensure successful completion of development-related goals.
• Manage donor database through gift entry, gift acknowledgement, ongoing updates, mailing lists, and donor reports.
• Develop and implement the agency’s communication plan for print and electronic platforms, as approved by director of resource development, in a way that is consistent with the mission (website, e-newsletter, print newsletter, annual report, brochures, event materials, etc.).
• Research new funding opportunities to support the agency’s grant plan.
• Assist with implementation of special events: solicitation support, tracking of donations and ticket sales, processing of acknowledgements, etc.
• Serve as primary liaison for Do-It-Yourself, community-led fundraising and awareness events.
• Provide support to Friends of Cathedral Center, as needed, as well as maintain positive relationships with volunteers, donors and partners.
• Participate in community resource fairs and agency fairs, speak at on- and off-site events, and attend various fundraising or networking events on behalf of Cathedral Center, as needed.
• Assist with coordination and management of in-kind donations.
• Maintain required CPR and first aid credentials and participate in other required annual agency trainings.
Skills and Qualifications: The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize while remaining true to the Cathedral Center’s mission to provide a safe environment for women and families, while working to end homelessness one life at a time. Candidate must communicate professionally and pleasantly via phone and in person, be attentive to detail and be able to work effectively with the general public and the diverse, vulnerable population we serve in a respectful and dignified manner. All Cathedral Center staff are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach.
The candidate must have completed at least 2 years of post-secondary education or it’s equivalent, as well as have a working knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Constant Contact, and various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram). The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor degree and have donor database management experience.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop, and walk for extended periods of time, and be able to lift 40 pounds.
Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must be willing to have a background check conducted.
All candidates for paid positions at Cathedral Center will be required to submit proof of credentials listed on resume within 30 days from the date of hire.
This is a full time, salaried position. The salary offered will depend on education, skill and experience and ranges from $30,000-32,000 annually.
Cathedral Center is a family friendly work environment, offering professional development opportunities, consideration for educational pursuits and a thoughtful benefits package – including paid personal, holiday and vacation time off, health, dental and LTD/Life insurance, as well as retirement options and an employee assistance service.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!