|Employer||CUNA Mutual Group|
|Contact information||Sandy Fiene 608-665-7815 email@example.com|
|Apply by||March 13, 2018|
|Posted on||February 13, 2018|
- Designs for knowledge.
- Creates remarkable visual reports that convey information memorably.
- Uses the latest digital design tools and Filene brand standards to delight readers and viewers.
- Produces Filene marketing, communications, and collateral designs.
- Demonstrates skills in time management, attention to detail, planning, prioritizing, organizing, resource planning, and professional collaboration to accomplish assignments.
- Interacts with Design Associate, Director of Research, Communications Manager, Research Associate, senior company leaders, and various researchers, contractors and suppliers.
- Thinks visually and creatively about how to convey findings in compelling and useful ways.
- Identifies obstacles to the timely completion of projects and regularly reports on the pipeline’s status.
- Able to gather information, define issues, and recommend solutions in a succinct, independent manner.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Mac and Windows software and operating systems.
(75%) Research/Innovation/Impact Outputs:
- Designs powerfully and clearly, thinks visually and creatively about how to convey research, innovation and impact findings in compelling and useful ways. Constantly improves the quality of visual outputs.
- Designs outputs and publications for the research, impact, innovation, and communications functions across the organization, including the core research team, innovation teams, and impact teams.
- Helps to manage content on the Filene website, and is a source of ideas for constant iteration and improvement of Filene’s online content, look, and feel.
- Effectively maintains physical and/or electronic project folders to document design project history. Responsible for making decisions with limited supervision.
(25%) Marketing/Business Development Outputs:
- Working with communications and membership development teams, creates collateral, publications, slide decks, and communications templates.
- Collaborates with Filene team members to enhance the Institute’s overall success.
- Conducts occasional office functions: answering phones, filing, data entry, mailings, ordering supplies, etc.
- The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Storyteller with a portfolio of creative, compelling designs. Translates technical and dense scientific material into compelling and easy-to-understand documents for executives and the general public, without sacrificing accuracy.
- Experience working with printers, publishers, and other designers desired.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience with animation and video production preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Currently enrolled in or continuing in an academic program encompassing graphic design, animation, communications, or closely related field.
- Intellectually curious about consumer finance, banking, and credit unions.
- Enjoy working in a “think-tank” environment where ideation, continually embracing change, being restless with the status quo, and seeking reinvention are a part of the culture.
- Demonstration of effective planning and organizational skills through previous work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate project information to internal and external customers via phone, email and other electronic mediums, in person and in writing.
- Strong writing and editing skills (technical and creative) are important, as well as the ability to articulate ideas verbally.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sound judgment, problem identification, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Effective demonstration of determining options and selecting appropriate strategies or methods.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort using various software programs, internet and social media sites, databases, and other cloud computing solutions.
- Must be able to self-teach, problem solve, and trouble shoot independently using available resources.