|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 22, 2020|
PRX is a non-profit media company specializing in audio journalism and storytelling. We work to be a perpetual source of innovation, opening public media to new voices, technologies and ideas. Our award-winning portfolio ranges from iconic public radio programs to a growing body of podcast-first productions. Each month we reach more than 28.5 million listeners and generate in excess of 70 million podcast downloads.
The PRX Development team is looking for a Development Associate in our Minneapolis office. In this role, you’ll develop strategies, implement tactics, and tackle communications, research, relationship-management and strategy-setting responsibilities to secure individual philanthropic support for PRX. This position reports to the Director of Individual Giving to develop and carry out PRX’s major donor fundraising activities, encompassing donor cultivation and solicitation, gift processing, acknowledgment and crediting, event planning, donor communications, prospect research and screening, financial reporting, and departmental planning and support. You’ll also be responsible for the oversight and management of the Development department’s donor database, Salesforce, and work closely with the Director of Digital Fundraising.
You’ll conduct the full range of activities required to run and support a major giving program. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on a successful fundraising team at the heart of a vibrant public media organization.
Measures of Success:
A successful candidate for this position must be comfortable asking questions and be proactive about bringing ideas and issues to the table. You anticipate needs and excel at finding efficient and sustainable solutions to challenges that arise. You understand and value how individual activities and systems of support make possible the achievement of larger goals.
The members of the PRX Development team are proud, precise, and passionate about the work we do to raise money for the organization. A successful candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
To ensure that you are submitting the best application possible, please be sure to include a cover letter and responses to our screening questions.
- Work with the Director of Individual Giving to organize and execute donor cultivation and solicitation activities. Create reports, craft messaging, draft email campaigns, and execute direct mail appeals.
- Work with the Director of Digital Fundraising to oversee the effective and efficient use of the development database. Ensure data integrity, develop and implement protocol for data entry, maintenance, and tracking, manage gift entry, create queries and reports, work with the Finance department to reconcile gifts and pledges.
- Generate, prepare for signature, and send prompt acknowledgment letters and payment receipts for PRX’s contributed funds. Manage pledge reminder process. Prepare timely and accurate donor correspondence.
- Work with the Director of Individual Giving to conceive, plan and execute regular major donor events, as well as stewardship and recognition activities.
- Create and execute donor communications including regular email updates. Update and maintain Development Department resources on PRX.org.
- 2+ years of working in Development, individual giving preferred. Experience providing administrative support and project coordination.
- At least two years of experience working within, and oversight of a multiple user database; Salesforce preferred.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suites, as well as email marketing systems. Familiarity with donation- and payment-processing systems. Familiarity with graphic design (Adobe Suite) and web design (Squarespace) preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage projects and deadlines involving multiple components.
- Creative team player who demonstrates enthusiastic, positive, problem-solving approach to work.
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside the workday schedule.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Passion for public radio and storytelling.
PRX offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits; group term life insurance; short- and long-term disability income replacement coverage; and the option to participate in savings accounts for uncovered medical expenses and related costs. These benefits are available on the first day of employment. PRX also offers a retirement plan (with employer contributions) that takes effect after 6 months of employment.
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of America, and the population we tell stories with. We’re committed to structuring our hiring process and company to welcome applicants of all backgrounds.