|Employer||Harry & Rose Samson Jewish Community Center|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||January 10, 2020|
The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking a motivated, personable and detail-orientated Development Coordinator to join our Financial Resource Development (FRD) team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Financial Resource Development Coordinator is responsible for working directly with our FRD staff and program directors to facilitate agency connections to our donor community, ensuring the JCC is a home for highly accountable philanthropic investment. This person will be the primary manager of donor information, ensuring timely, accurate and detailed communications.
The JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever- changing needs of the entire community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of six facilities throughout Wisconsin, the JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Celebrates donors through recognition, stewarding, planning, signage, special events and personal communications.
· Maintains stewarding calendars and implements touchpoints as planned.
· Uses donor software for gift entry and acknowledgment, list management and reporting, and donor and prospect tracking.
· Serves as FRD liaison to agency volunteers to help grow and sustain a culture of philanthropy.
· Participates as part of agency data team in outcomes measurement to ensure institutional accountability to foundations and individual donors.
· Researches grant opportunities as needed and monitors and ensures all grant request and reporting requirements are fulfilled.
· Facilitates grant planning discussions with internal colleagues.
· Contributes to writing projects, which may include impact reports, Journal stories, grant applications/reports, and program newsletters.
· Represents the JCC in a professional manner and promotes the JCC within the community.
· Works in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to support the efforts of the Financial Resource Development Department.
· Assumes Manager on Duty responsibilities as assigned which may include a maximum of 2-3 weekend shifts per year.
· Actively promotes and practices the organization’s Rules of Positive Communication.
· Performs other duties and assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
· An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Strong attention to detail, high level of organization and time management skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines.
4. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft and CRM platforms. Knowledge or ability to learn fund development software.
5. Ability to work with confidential data and maintain the same.
6. Ability to easily cultivate and sustain professional relationships with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
7. Ability to contribute effectively in both autonomous and team environments while appropriately discerning between the two.
8. Ability to manage conflict and demonstrated ability to make decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
9. Ability to attend evening and weekend events.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2 years minimum experience in fundraising, communication or project/program coordination required.
· Professional experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
What do we offer?
Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension with an Agency contribution, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
· JCC Membership. Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, and with it the wide array of programs, services, and activities available to our family of members.
· JCC Program Discounts. Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
Learn more about us at: www.jccmilwaukee.org
The Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, please see: www.jobsthathelp.com/job/harry-rose-samson-jewish-community-center-milwaukee-wi-development-coordinator