|Employer||Milwaukee Christian Center|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||August 7, 2019|
The Development Director is responsible for coordination and execution of the Milwaukee Christian Center’s resource development work, including writing grant proposals and reports, building relationships with donors and potential donors, identifying potential funding opportunities, and coordinating marketing and communications. The role emphasizes relationship building, impactful written communication, and strong organization of strategies and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, cultivate, and sustain relationships with current, new and potential donors
• Build strong donor relationships – including oversight of the donor database and acknowledgement process
• Write proposals, reports, and acknowledgements for donors and funding sources
• Research and identify public and private funding resources available to the organization, working with all program staff to clarify focus and appropriateness of the funding for programs
• Assist the Executive Director in coordinating Board’s development efforts
• Create and coordinate delivery of donor appeals, including annual, planned giving, and targeted appeals
• Coordinate fund development events, including securing sponsorships, managing invites, and assessing effectiveness
• Plan and implement organizational marketing and communications strategies including website, social media, annual report, and newsletters.
• Supervise and support staff and/or interns within Fund Development Department.
• Prepare monthly updates for Executive Director and Board on progress toward fundraising goals
• Support organizational management and continuous improvement efforts by serving as part of Director’s group
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Master’s Degree a plus
• Strong writing skills with previous experience preparing grant proposals
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Highly organized, able to manage multiple deadlines
• Able to collaborate with diverse team of community members, supporters, board members, partners, staff and volunteers.
• Excellent technology skills including use of Microsoft Office, fundraising software, Mailchimp, and other software/platforms.
Milwaukee Christian Center is a multi-service organization that works to build strong neighborhoods full of opportunity. We approach that work through four core areas: housing, youth development, older adults, and food security – serving over 7,500 people each year. What began with American Baptist roots providing outreach to immigrants on Milwaukee’s south side in 1921, MCC now serves youth, families, and older adults of all races, ethnicities, religions, and ages throughout the city of Milwaukee. The Development Director’s office is located within Milwaukee Christian Center’s main site, working alongside programming and community members. The position is expected to travel to MCC program sites throughout Milwaukee County regularly.
Click here to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Milwaukee Christian Center does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or client because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Milwaukee Christian Center is an equal opportunity employer.