|Employer||Madison Public Library Foundation|
|Contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||March 11, 2020|
General Development Responsibilities:
The Madison Public Library Foundation is seeking a current undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate who is interested in working as an intern, providing a wide range of general support to the Foundation’s executive director and development officer. This position will be an excellent opportunity to gain experience in and familiarity with donor management, grant applications and reporting, prospect research, event planning, and the day-to-day operations of a library foundation.
• Draft correspondence, reports, proposals, and grant applications for a variety of donors, from individuals to government endowments
• Conduct research on potential donors and partners
• Assist development staff with donor files and database maintenance
• Help plan donor events and other activities; help at special events as needed
• Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
• Complete other event- and office management-related tasks as needed
• A current student or recent graduate, ideally pursuing a degree in nonprofit management, communications, journalism, marketing, business, event management, humanities, or liberal arts
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Familiarity with local media, Microsoft Office tools, and Adobe are pluses
• Hours are flexible, but occasional weekend or evening work may be required; these expectations will be set will in advance
The foundation’s office is located at Madison’s Central Library near the Capitol Square, with reliable access to many bus routes. Madison Public Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!