|Employer||Penfield Children's Center|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||March 9, 2020|
The Development Specialist will provide comprehensive oversight of all gift processing, gift stewardship and donor database activity. This individual will ensure integrity and accuracy of all donor constituent data, which includes project work involving data updates and generating acknowledgment letters and charitable tax receipts. Individual will establish and maintain database entry standards and work closely with development and finance team to compile accurate reporting and record keeping. Successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with initiative and fastidious attention to detail while contributing to the team responding to the evolving responsibilities and expectations of the organization as we continue to grow and evolve.
· Manage all aspects of database including data accuracy, updates and corrections and research ways to improve efficiencies for data management processes.
· Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, and relationship management.
· Create and manage development dashboards that provide real-time updates demonstrating progress toward fundraising goals at Penfield Children’s Center and Penfield Montessori.
· Proactively analyze, interpret and synthesize biographical and financial information of prospects providing information to development team.
· Develop and enforce timelines to ensure fulfillment of on-going fundraising needs.
· Provide oversight of all gift tracking, maintain pledge reminder schedule, and create and process progress reports.
· Analyze fundraising metrics such as donor retention, campaign growth, average gift size and other key data points.
· Work directly with finance team to conduct monthly reconciliation.
· Work directly with United Way to meet reporting requirements.
· Develop annual fundraising plan including segments, budget, solicitation strategies, and solicitation schedule.
· Create comprehensive constituent lists from eTapestry for annual appeals, special event invitations, stewardship e-mails, etc.
· Support development team with prospect research ensuring maximization of philanthropic support.
· Ensure updated information on donor capacity available in donor database.
· Actively manage portfolio of 25 – 50 individual, corporate and foundation donors to support Penfield Children’s Center and Penfield Montessori Academy.
· Manage all donor recognition ensuring timely and accurate acknowledgment correspondence working with development colleagues to ensure personal donor stewardship.
· Support development activities including, but not limited to, event management and third-party fundraising events.
· In partnership with the Annual Giving Manager, develop private, corporate and public grant applications.
Assist the agency as needed:
· Completion of required paperwork
· Responding to inquiries from families and staff
· Occasional evening and weekend work associated with special events
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Encouraged to volunteer 4 hours of time per year to a Penfield activity
· Bachelor’s degree, in Communications, Public Relations or related field
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in fund development experience
· Strong organizing skills to manage details and information and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, as well as familiarity with research techniques and information sources
· Self-starter and willing to take initiative; able to work independently with accountability
· Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to write clear, structured and persuasive proposals specific to grantors’ criteria and individual donors’ philanthropic goals
· Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations and funding communities
· Proficiency in computer programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and donor tracking software (i.e. eTapestry)
· Ability to work with a diverse staff and client base
· Highly organized and strong attention to detail
· Able to work at a computer station for extended periods of time
· Manual dexterity required for typing on a computer keyboard
· Ability to lift or move objects of 25 lbs. or less
· Meeting vaccine standards as outlined in Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure control plan
· Valid Driver’s License and access to insured vehicle
· Community Engagement, Execute communication and outreach plan for awareness and position Penfield as a leader in the field.
· Organizational development, foster a culture of high performance, accountability and teamwork
· Financial Stability, maximizing organizational efficiencies through productivity and program improvements.
Penfield Children’s Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!