|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
|Apply by||August 9, 2018|
|Posted on||July 9, 2018|
The Digital, Public and Media Relations Coordinator will plan, manage and execute strategic social media campaigns for Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul RiverCentre and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium. This position will also provide public and media relations support to the marketing and Public Relations departments on campus including, but not limited to, the advance and on-site promotion of events related to all three facilities, as well as crisis communications efforts. The Digital, Public and Media Relations Coordinator works closely with media, employees, clients and select audiences as it relates to disseminating all pertinent information in a timely, efficient and professional manner and generating publicity for venues and its associated clients and events.
• Oversee the day-to-day deployment of communication across a range of social media platforms, monitoring and engaging in online conversations, tracking engagement and appealing to fans/guests/clients with unique content and experiences.
• Create social media action plans that drive prospect and customer engagement.
• Manage the timely execution of social media campaigns, as well as monitoring and interpreting analytics in support of integrated marketing initiatives and sending social media recaps to clients.
• Create digital marketing collateral utilizing skills in graphic design, HTML editing, CSS coding and photography. The ability to translate business objectives into creative art production and supporting copy is critical.
• Actively participate in strategy, planning and execution of promotional efforts and marketing related to upcoming events at each facility.
• Produce and distribute media releases, press kits and other PR materials pertinent to successfully publicizing events at each of the facilities.
• Assist in the pitching of story ideas to business, trade, sports and/or entertainment media related to events or news regarding each facility to increase media coverage locally, nationally and internationally.
• Establish and maintain relationships with local media by providing outstanding service; promote organizational themes and messages in a positive fashion and act as media relations representative at major events hosted at SPAC facilities and around the community.
• Help facilitate the needs of onsite media during events.
• Independently manage assigned tasks, projects, assorted administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
1. Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge & Experience
• 1-3+ plus years of public/media relations/marketing relations experience
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
• Proven track record of working within social media platforms, managing content development and publishing
• Exceptional digital, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office products
• Skills in graphic design, HTML editing, CSS coding and photography preferred
3. Personal Attributes
• Creative and outgoing personality; professional demeanor
• Detail oriented, organized with strong time-management skills
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of working within social media interactive platforms
• Ability to work well independently within a fast-paced team and results oriented environment
• Consistently models key MSE guiding Principles: Pride and Fire, Selflessness, Unity and Creativity; helps develop company culture by building connection and understanding amongst employees
• Possess an enthusiasm and interest for fostering a sustainable work environment that is consistent with our organization’s sustainability practices
4. Work Conditions
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by event calendar and event needs
• Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
Click here to apply online.
No deadline specified, apply ASAP!